I am heading to the annual meetings of the American Sociological Association this weekend. While I think playing buzzword bingo at a presentation is a bit rude, the idea of having a bingo card for the whole conference seems more reasonable. Kieranâ€™s put together a really fun one [pdf], check it out, it can likely be tweaked quite easily for endless amusement at your own upcoming convention.
- Mac user surprised that cable wonâ€™t connect to projector
- Use of PowerPoint in Normal View instead of Slide Show
- Aimless lingerer at book exhibit
- Loitering at book exhibit in hopes of finding editor
- â€œBut you didnâ€™t write the paper I would have writtenâ€ comment during Q&A
- Never-ending comment posing as question during Q&A